Manager – Corporate Governance, Risk Management & Compliance
Head Office, Kuala Lumpur
- Review and adjust the Compliance Program to local requirements in close alignment with global Compliance, and ensure that all local regulatory and other relevant compliance obligations are defined, identified, documented and updated.
- Identify, measure, analyze critical compliance and risk matters as well as to assess the compliance annual audit.
- Identify potential local areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate updates in local laws and regulations; establish and provide ongoing training concepts within the Company and serve as a subject matter expert for compliance related activities.
Governance & Risk
- Identifying incident reports via Global Incident Reporting System (GIRS) from internal Company and report identified and assessed risks to Managing Director / Deputy Managing Director and Head Quarter, Japan.
- Regularly conduct improvement of Risk Map and update on risk management to the Global Risk Management, Head Quarter.
- Drafting of new implementation risk plans for self check and summarize the risk results.
- Observe and update new local regulations or announcement on new or existing compliance issues.
- Manage, coach and provide advice and support each department and functions as they identify, assess, manage, mitigate, and monitor risks.
- Initiate and coordinate procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls and ensure remediation of identified weaknesses at each department.
- Monitor changes in local business processes, information systems, management and operations, and coordinate with operations to ensure mitigation of control risks.
- Prepare track, monitor and report the compliance register, and formulate action plan towards risk identified.
- Establish, collaborate, and work with internal cross-functional team members to execute and implement corporate governance and risk management enhancement.
- Acted as a secretariat for the internal audit of the Head Quarter and coordinate the action plans for each department.
- Master or bachelor degree in Business Administration, IT, Risk Management, Law or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and leadership skills in a corporate governance/ compliance / risk management / internal controls / internal audit.
- Well organized, self-initiative, detail-minded and able to function effectively in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Strong and effective communication, project management and social skills.
- Conceptual skills including quantitative methods for risk management, process oriented and problem-solving attitude as well as strong organizational skills and hands-on mentality.
- Able to converse in English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia. Strong competence in Mandarin language would be an added advantage as the position role require to liaise with Mandarin speaking clients and counterparts.